Site Navigation

Your Account

Choose Language

Program a sequence of variable blinks

Hi,

Before buying the HexBright I'd like to know if it's possible to program a long sequence of different blinks from short to long and each at different timing? I'd like to make a 5 minutes programmation.

This is the kind of sequence I'd like to achieve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RBq-SwZ...

Thanks!

mhc

Answer this question I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment

1 Answer

Yeah, such a thing is possible.

The actual issue isn't how long of a program you want (5 minutes), but how many blinks you want. You could get 400-500 blinks, but every rest longer than about 2 seconds would count as another blink. (~500 bytes, each byte 1-255 representing a waiting period, giving one flash after 1/120 seconds to 255/120 seconds). A 0 byte would encode a full wait with no action.

You'll have problems with synchronization/starting, though. Starting with a tap would be a good option, but the onboard clocks aren't perfect.

Ideally you'd synchronize the entire thing with a central controller, in which case memory isn't an issue; you simply program the lights to blink when they receive the correct signal.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0

Comments:

Hi David,

Thank you so much for your reply!

Well, it's seems more complicated than I would expected. probably the HexBright is not what I need for this project. But for sure I'll get one as soon as they get in sale ...! ;)

Many thanks!

mhc

by

Add a comment

Add your answer

mhc will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 1

All Time: 50