Site Navigation

Your Account

Choose Language

Unable to turn on or program flashlight

My hexbright is no longer turning on or responding to programming attempts. I have checked drivers the battery and insuring proper connections but the flashlight is failing to operate.

Answer this question I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment

3 Answers

I would try a different USB cable. If you can't even program it, it is either the cable or your flashlight is broken.

Also, if possible, I would check your battery with a meter and see if you have something close to 3.7 V. It may be possible that a bad battery is somehow causing the problem but unlikely. You can generally still program it with out a battery.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0

Comments:

Everything is fine the battery is up to voltage and I have checked the arduino is not responding to the button presses it appears I need to replace the main board as I also don't get any voltage across the led

by

Add a comment

As you didn't specify - does the red back cap LED still turn on when you press the button?

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0

Comments:

yes the red light functions

by

Add a comment

Mine is, I believe, doing the same thing.

I have tried charging it, but it is not responding to programming, and when I press the end cap button, it turns red only as long as I hold the button.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0

Comments:

As such I have decided to leave the hexbright behind for forsevens as I can get replacement parts and customer service from a better company. So much for open source.

by

Add a comment

Add your answer

Ben Steiner will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 1

All Time: 148