Site Navigation

Your Account

Choose Language

What size screws secure the PCB to the carrier?

I stripped one of the screws that that hold the PCB to the carrier (the one by the battery shim) and need to replace it. Does anyone know what size these screws are and where I can find a replacement?

Answer this question I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment

2 Answers

Most Helpful Answer

The screws for the main board are M2 screws, having a 1.9mm thread diameter. The ones near the negative terminal are ~6.2mm length, while the ones that go through the positive terminal are ~21.1mm length. You should probably be fine with M2x6 and M2x20, but you might want to check for m2x22 - you can always file any excess off, adding more thread to a screw that's too short is something they liked to propose as a challenge to the kids who took shop. ( In their defense, some of them pulled it off, too.. worth the extra credit. )

As for where - for larger screws I'd say check a hardware store, and that's still worth a shot, but for these smaller screws, especially in low numbers (unless you have a need for 100 of them) I've always had better luck going to an (R/C) hobby store. The good kind that sells a bunch of materials, not just boxed toys. I bet the internet delivers, too :)

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1

Comments:

Thanks! I ordered these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FMW... although 100 is overkill.

by

Add a comment

Holds carrier securely and positions the key so it can be dimpled in the correct locations by tightening the four hex screws on the tool.

For more information on machine screws you can go through it.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0
Add a comment

Add your answer

John Pham will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 0

All Time: 94