Skip to main content

Site Navigation

Your Account

Choose Language

Anything programming related to the Hexbright

34 Questions View all

What's a good way to add User Interface description for your code?

I just picked up my Flex and love it so far. I am a long time embedded programmer, so no problems there, but so far I have just been trying out sample programs. One of the problems I have found is trying to figure out how to operate the Flex for a given program. Just reading through the code seems insufficient to gain a quick understanding of high level functionality, especially for people who aren't programmers and ONLY plan to burn sample code.

Starting my own code development, I decided to use Visual Understanding Environment (VUE), an open source mind mapping program from Tufts University . It also helps during development to nail down how everything should fit together. I would like to suggest that if you're throwing together a program that you think others may want, create something like this for future Flex users:

Block Image

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g27fa7avhmxg05...

I'm sure there are other applications suitable for creating a state diagram or outlining usage, and I'd love to hear suggestions.

Answer this question I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment

1 Answer

I'm not surprised you're having issues with documentation in general, but have you seen whb's program? It's the most feature-rich firmware around, and it's well documented.

Tactical is another common program; it's very basic, but easy to modify.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0
Add a comment

Add your answer

Robotguy will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 0

All Time: 75