Site Navigation

Your Account

Choose Language

Not responding to USB being plugged in

I accidentally dropped my Hexbright in my driveway letting the dog out this weekend.

Since then the light won't charge, turn on, or even acknowedge the light being plugged into a computer. If I remove the carrier from the body and twist the battery around a little bit it will turn the light on, but wouldn't turn off either.

Any ideas would be helpful as I have used this light every day since I got it.

Thanks

- Jason

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0

Comments:

Oh, if it helps, the Red LED in the tail cap works when pressed.

by

Add a comment

1 Answer

Chosen Solution

Do you have a multimeter?

Since you are having issues with the power, I'd start by testing the continuity between the atmega168pa's reset pin and the switch, and the switch to the power (or from the battery contact to the reset pin when the button is pressed).

If you don't have a multimeter, you can test continuity with a led, a AA battery, and a couple of wires. You'll want to use some tape to keep it together... Do you know what I'm talking about?

David

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1

Comments:

I haven't got the slightest... I'm very low tech. I'll figure it out though. Thanks for the answer.

by

You could try the internal reset button. Also, if fiddling with the battery is enough to make it turn on (particularly if you don't need to press the button while doing it), fixing it may be a little complicated.

You may want to email Christian about it.

by

Add a comment

Add your answer

Jason Chapman will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 1

All Time: 248