Site Navigation

Your Account

Choose Language

Modified your FLEX? Want to? Share here.

5 Questions View all

Anyone come up with a good lanyard?

There are two holes drilled in the end cap.

Who has come up with a lanyard attachment that's working well?

Answer this question I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment

8 Answers

Most Helpful Answer

10mm stainless split ring fits about right. Then run whatever you want through the ring.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 3

Comments:

Pics if you got 'em!

by

Add a comment

I have used Spectra thread for other flashlights, but the Hexbright is a bit heavier than I feel comfortable using it with.

I did have a lanyard that was made for cameras that seems to work well. I use thin wire to fish these types through.

Block Image

Was this answer helpful?

Score 2
Add a comment

I had some 100lb kevlar cord lying around that I slipped through the holes and tied an overhand knot with. Kevlar doesn't stay tied all that so I rubbed a drop of wood glue into the knot to help it hold. I have the loop just big enough to slide my pointer finger through it if I hold it pointing down. Help ensures it won't accidentally slip out of my hand.

Block Image

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1

Comments:

Great idea. Let us know how the kevlar holds up against the abrasion from the edges of the lanyard holes. Pics if you got 'em!

by

FYI:

Looks like the lanyard holes are:

1.9304mm .076" or #48 drill bit

Which means we may be able to get up to a 400lb kevlar cord in there.

by

Added a very poor quality photo. You are exactly right though to be concerned about abrasion. The cord is already fraying. I really wish those holes could have been a little better rounded or at least beveled.

The knot I used was a standard figure 8 (right handed overhand followed by a left handed overhand knot.)

by

Nice pic. There's plenty of material around those lanyard holes, who's the brave soul willing to file away some to ease those corners?

I've got a needle file that should do the trick, as soon as I have some kevlar or other appropriate lanyard material.

by

Add a comment

I used some Archery string serving material looped around a few times and then finished off with a serving wrap. I'm using the Majesty serving from the link below - it's expensive but one of the more durable materials out there.

http://www.bcyfibers.com/Serving.php

There are definitely more economical solutions, but this works well if you have the material on hand.

- If you do use something like this, you can melt the ends to lock and finish off the knot.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1
Add a comment

found a great lanyard for a mini pocket camera that has the mini loop on the end for the camera and then adjustable wrist loop.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0
Add a comment

Kevin Hoyt said:

FYI: Looks like the lanyard holes are: 1.9304mm .076" or #48 drill bit Which means we may be able to get up to a 400lb kevlar cord in there.

Now, 1.9mm is .4mm wider than type 1 paracord (also known as accessory cord). My plan, would revolve around some of that, I suspect.

There's instructables, and blogs from people like Stormdrane and Tying It All Together who will show you how to make lanyards and interesting knots. Also, paracord is cheap, so not a problem to buy some to try with, even if you end up not liking it.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0
Add a comment

Here's what I've done with mine.

Photo 1

Photo 2

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0
Add a comment

I wonder about using wire fishing leader. Single strand 400lb is 0.043" dia. You could feed two ends through and twist them tight to keep them from moving so they wouldn't wear through the aluminum. Use the excess to make a loop and attach whatever lanyard you want.

http://www.basspro.com/Malin-HardWire-St...

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0
Add a comment

Add your answer

Jens will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 1

All Time: 1,338