Site Navigation

Your Account

Choose Language

HexBright is the open source light, fully programmable and powerful with 500 lumens of brightness.

40 Questions View all

Still not open source.

Christian continues to show his true colors. Not a single open source flashlight has yet been delivered.

Quite simply, he's a liar. He's solicited money to develop this project, and has not kept the promises.

No open source software. No open source mechanicals. Not open source optics. No open source electronics.

Answer this question I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 1
Add a comment

4 Answers

Most Helpful Answer

Yes, it is frustrating. However, this is a project he has been doing in his spare time - he's spent the past 6 months trying to sort out shipping while not at work/spending time with his family.

He couldn't imagine that this project would take 3 years of free time, and he's done good work. That said, I hope he fulfills his original promise, and I'll gladly wait until he's done with shipping and had a little break before releasing his files - though it would be nice to have everything now.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 2
Add a comment

I agree it is very frustrating. When trying to figure out the dimensions of the flashlight I had to purchase a micrometer to measure it my self, because the actual dimensions aren't listed anywhere. I thought we were supposed to have all that information. Party of the idea of open source is that you just make the information available. Make the plans available and the people will do the rest.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0
Add a comment

There's not even a rationalization, yet alone an excuse. He has all of the info at hand - he provided it to the subcontractors.

Quite simply, Christian is a liar - breaking promises made, and ripping people off.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0
Add a comment

Then email him.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0
Add a comment

Add your answer

MikeS will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0