Site Navigation

Your Account

Choose Language

Can I get my light fixed or replaced?

i dropped my light at about 2 feet by accident and now when i push the button all i get is the red led with no light from the flashlight. there are no loose connections and everything appears to be connected. when i try to recharge the light nothing lights up. is it possible to get my light fixed or replaced? thanks.

Answer this question I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 1

Comments:

Hi, hello, anyone other there? I tried e-mailing as well....

by

Add a comment

7 Answers

Most Helpful Answer

Never mind, problem fixed! I had a spare 16MHz crystal laying around (non SMD) and soldered it on at an angle. Fixed the problem and looks ok. I have attached a photo of the fix. I think the SMD mounted crystal that originally came with the light is pretty fragile, probably the most sensitive part on the whole flashlight to shock.

Block Image

Was this answer helpful?

Score 3

Comments:

Excellent! This is one thing we've looked at, but I'm not sure of how resistant the fix is to shock. Of course, you could probably just replace it if it breaks again.

If you want to go a step further, you could use an AVR programmer to reconfigure the atmega fuse to use the internal oscillator, then remove the the crystal you've just soldered on. If anyone is considering doing this as a preemptive measure with a stock light, I'd leave the SMD clock in place.

by

Add a comment

I am having the same problem, mine dropped and now it just shows the red LED when I try and turn it on. I think it is the crystal that broke (q2), because I can see the cover popped off of it. How can I get it fixed?

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1

Comments:

It does sound like it's the oscillator, and we're looking at a few fixes. Contact me with your geographic area and I'll figure out who we could send it to. After we receive it, I'll let Christian know and he'll send out a replacement.

by

Add a comment

I've seen a few people have similar issues with hardware, but none of them have had the skills to diagnose what the problem is. I suppose it will be easier once Christian releases the full schematic, too.

If you want to try to fix it, the rev 5 schematic is the latest revision we have.

I've emailed Christian about sending broken units to a community member with the ability to diagnose problems, and he's interested in seeing what we find out.

Contact me (dhiltonp@gmail.com), letting me know which country you live in and I'll let you know who it should go to. When we receive the unit we'll confirm receipt and Christian will ship out a new unit.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0

Comments:

I'm definitely interested in sending my Hexbright to someone for diagnosis and even possible repair. I miss using it. I'm just not capable at all of the diagnosis on my own.

Thanks!

by

Ok, send me an email with your location so I can figure out who might be a good person to take a look at it.

by

Add a comment

Same issue here. Is there a fix yet or someplace to send for repair?

Thanks

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0

Comments:

We know what the problem is, and Christian is doing what he can so that future versions are less susceptible to this failure.

Contact Christian about a replacement (christian@hexbright.com).

by

Add a comment

Any new information on this? I have sent the flashlight back a couple of times now and it just developed this same problem again.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0
Add a comment

Hi there, i'm having the same problem :( dropped out of my hands when moving to my new home... I'm also getting the red led when in I try to put it on...

Could anyone help me?

grtz

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0
Add a comment

I too just had one drop a few feet... red light of death! Kinda disappointed these are prone to dying that easy. Makes me leery to take this on a hike as my sole flashlight.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0
Add a comment

Add your answer

phil will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 1

Past 30 Days: 2

All Time: 1,084