Site Navigation

Your Account

Choose Language

HexBright is the open source light, fully programmable and powerful with 500 lumens of brightness.

40 Questions View all

light turned on by itself, would not turn off.

Sometime on the bus ride from work my light turned on to High while it was in a sleeve in my pack. The button was facing up. It had up_n_down loaded. It was NOT in nightlight mode.

When I discovered it, it was warm but not hot.

It was totally unresponsive to the main button. No amount or duration of clicking would turn it off. I had to hit the reset to turn it off.

Has anything like this happened to others?

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment

2 Answers

Chosen Solution

I've had my flashlight freeze once or twice. I think it's due to corrupted firmware. After re-uploading the exact same firmware (absolutely no code modifications) I had no issues.

If you have the problem in the field, you can use the internal button to reset your hexbright (it sounds like you did that).

Most programs turn off the hexbright entirely if they're not active, so it's unlikely that the code turned on the light - unless the light hadn't been turned off since being plugged in? I have seen a bug where the code runs set_light(,0,) even if a button hasn't been pressed, so the program continues to run until it's manually turned on and then off.

If you are using the hexbright library, and your flashlight locks up (and the problem persists after a re-flash), let me know.

the described bug can easily be detected by doing the following:

1. Insert a 'set_led(GLED,100)' at the start of loop.
  2. Upload the code
  3. Unplug your flashlight (you have not touched the button since uploading)

If the led stays on after being unplugged, at some point set_light(,0,) was run, despite there being no button press.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0

Comments:

I think that last thing I did was turn on the Green LED witht he very long press. With the Green LED on, Is the program running?

by

Yes, if any light is on, the program is running.

by

Add a comment

Re flashed and repeated the actions leading up to the event and the issue appears gone.

Yay!

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0

Comments:

Good to hear :)

by

Add a comment

Add your answer

Sean Havins will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0