Site Navigation

Your Account

Choose Language

HexBright is the open source light, fully programmable and powerful with 500 lumens of brightness.

40 Questions View all

Clover Leaf, O-Rings, Loose Bezel, what are the official fixes?

OK, there is information all over the place, seems we need a general trouble shooting FAQ for the *known* mechanical issues with the shipped units--is there one? I see lots of content scattered in many places.

My problems with my kickstarter-delivered unit, as discussed on the facebook page, but then no follow-up support:

• Severe clover leaf pattern. Apparently I might need a new O-ring, but there is also . . .
  • the bezel is loose. What is the official fix for that? I don't have a 3-prong lens spanner.

I don't see a claim of water proof, but "sealed" ends are claimed--I'm dubious of that for the front lens in current condition.

Answer this question I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 1
Add a comment

2 Answers

Most Helpful Answer

I was able to remove/tighten the lens retaining ring by simply using a common Bic pen (the plastic end, not the end you write with). Just push against one of the indentations in the proper direction.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 2
Add a comment

What is this 'facebook' of which you speak? :P

Yes, there is no FAQ per se. Have you had difficulty searching through the answers on this site? If so, it may be worth adding one...

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1

Comments:

Actually, there is a 'most helpful' link on the answers page. If people upvote questions that they find useful, we'll end up with a FAQ automatically.

by

Add a comment

Add your answer

barnabus will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 1

Past 30 Days: 3

All Time: 423