Site Navigation

Your Account

Choose Language

Computer won't recognize CP2102

Drivers won't install for the USB-Serial chip and I'm wondering if I somehow have a faulty Hexbright. I installed the CP210x drivers and then plugged the flashlight in, but all I get is "Unknown Device" in device manager. If I try to manually update the driver and point it towards the CP210x drivers folder it won't accept any files in the folder as a compatible driver. If I try the FTDI drivers I can manually update it to "USB Serial Converter" but it is still non-functional. Whenever I plug it in to the computer, I get a popup from windows saying that the device has malfunctioned and that it is not recognized.

I tried it on another computer (after installing the CP210x drivers on it) and it would not recognize the flashlight at all. Wouldn't show up at all in device manager.

Windows 7 x64 on both computers.

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0

Comments:

It was indeed a faulty unit. Just received new insides which installed without a hitch on both computers.

by

Add a comment

3 Answers

Chosen Solution

Well, that looks like a possible diagnosis.

I'd suggest you email Christian about it.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1

Comments:

Yeah I just tried it on a third computer running Windows XP. Same thing, windows says it has malfunctioned and it will only show up in device manager as unknown device. I'll get on that email.

by

Add a comment

It was indeed a faulty unit. Just received new insides which installed without a hitch on both computers.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0

Comments:

Glad to hear :)

by

Add a comment

I had this happen because I didn't realize that the voltage selector had a trace for the 5 volts. I soldered one for the 3.3 and it did this Once I broke the 5v one it started working.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0
Add a comment

Add your answer

whosdadog will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 1

All Time: 867