Site Navigation

Your Account

Choose Language

Modified your FLEX? Want to? Share here.

5 Questions View all

Looking for more grip and other benefits?

Try slipping some bicycle inner tube over your FLEX.

It enhances grip, is nice insulation from a cold FLEX, and if doubled or tripled near the end cap, even makes the flashlight "bite-able."

Try it, I think you'll like it.

Answer this question I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 1

Comments:

Do you know what size inner tube you used?

Thanks for the tip - I've already scratched the anodizing on my Flex.

by

I am quite allergic to latex so tubes would not work for me. I did use silicone tape to wrap it including multiple wraps at the end for biting..works great!

by

Most bicycle inner tubes are made of butyl rubber (full name "polyisobutylene"). Latex tubes are available, but are 2 to 3 times as expensive, and as such are pretty rare, typically only used for racing. The tubes shown in the picture are butyl rubber, and not latex.

by

Would this decrease the heat radiation efficiency enough to cause the overheat protection program to kick in sooner?

by

Add a comment

2 Answers

Most Helpful Answer

You could try spraying on some "Plastdip" for a thin rubberised layer.

For something much thicker, try some Sugru. It's a silicone compound that starts like putty and is 'cured' by moisture in the air. You have about half an hour to form it into whatever shape you want. Then you leave it overnight to create a firm, rubbery substance. And it sticks to lots of stuff!

Was this answer helpful?

Score 2

Comments:

Sugru is the bomb. https://sugru.com/

by

Add a comment

I used a standard road tube, like you would find on most 10 speed bikes. I think the tubes in mountain bikes and cruisers might be too big.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1
Add a comment

Add your answer

Jens will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 0

All Time: 1,733